Taniwha TSH uni-directional S-glass fly rods (4-piece), with rod sock and cordura or glass rod tube
TSH blanks are made from uni-directional S-glass, a higher strain and faster recovery fiberglass almost identical in modulus to cane, with a helical wound S-glass scrim for improved hoop strength and faster blank recovery. Ferrules are tip-over-butt (not spigots).
The blank action is fast-medium to fast for glass with the initial flex mainly in the top third of the blank. The relaxed smoothness that is the hallmark of casting a fiberglass fly rod is retained, but with plenty of zip on line shoot and ample reserve power to fight larger fish or to lift and aerialise longer lines.
Taniwha S-helix series of fibre glass fly rod tapers are specified to my requirements through several prototype testing stages. They are made for us by a designer whose early career included designing high performance fly rods for a well-regarded New Zealand brand before establishing his own advanced composites manufacturing facility based in China. They offer excellent performance, and first class fit and finish at a surprisingly reasonable price for this quality.
Taniwha TSH 764 7'6" #4 model description
A perfect rod for smaller streams and rivers fishing under the tree canopy. Crisp pick up and flick action ideal for accurate dry fly and light-medium nymphing, single fly or duo rigs including beads up to 3mm and smaller lures or streamers. Medium to medium-fast for glass action and plenty of power in reserve for that surprise small water lunker (see the last photo!).
Superb quality blank and components at a great price. Taniwha Rodworks exclusive. These are semi-custom rods, pre-wrapped and partly pre- assembled. This keeps the price very reasonable but also means that choices are limited to reel seats and available agate guides. A few days are needed to fit your choice of reel seat before shipping.
Base price option £175 (£210 inc VAT within UK)
- Olive translucent sanded finish 4-piece unidirectional S-glass blank
- Tip-over-butt ferrules
- Excellent quality cork slim reverse half wells handle
- Gunsmoke finish snake guides and colour matching round loop standard size tiptop, cork check and hook keeper
- Matching green agate smoky nickel frame
- Smoky finish SUL reel seat (black or silver can be requested)
- Subtle contrast low build epoxy wraps
- Black cordura rod tube and sturdy black rod sock
- Taniwha decal and rod model inscription
- 12 month warranty for the original owner.
Upgrade option £225 (£270 inc VAT within UK):
- As above but fitted with any available Lemke Concepts LC1 or LC7 or Struble U20 uplock reel seat and your choice of wood insert. Review the reel seat and insert product listings for the available options in stock and send us a message with your choice (the listing photos are representative examples only)
- A choice of amber, coffee banded or green agates subject to availability.
Optional rod tube upgrade - see product extras
- Ice S-glass with black satin endcaps, no logo +£30 (£36 inc VAT within UK)