Taniwha TNH 906 9ft #6 model description
The 9ft #6 version is a classic 'kiwi' all-rounder with a sensitive and fast recovering tip section and a porwerful tip flexing action with added butt power to carry and cast a long line. The is blank is accurate and most suitable for larger rivers, still waters and light saltwater fishing including fishing with large dries, duo rigs, heavier nymphs, lures and streamers. The rod is ultra-light at 85g or 2.95oz with a hardwood spacer.
Taniwha Nano-helix high modulus carbon fibre fly rods (4-piece).
Taniwha Rodworks exclusive. Supplied with a good quality black polycotton rod sock, and a black cordura rod tube.
Fast-medium to fast action high modulus fly rods. Premium quality blank, cork and components with reel seat custom options.
The TNH series incorporates high-modulus, uni-directional carbon fibre pre-preg wrapped on a helical carbon fibre scrim with the latest nano resin adhesives for optimum strength to weight performance, hoop strength and blank recovery speed.
The result is a very light, slim, strong and sensitive rod with fine tips, plenty of feel and fast tip recovery., Most of the flex is in the top third of the blank (mid-tip to tip flex action depending on the model) and they are a delight to cast and fish with good power reserves for longer casts.
The blank colour is 'midnight', a smoky slate blue-grey with a satin low flash finish.
- Excellent quality cork slim full wells handle
- Gunsmoke finish single foot running guides and colour matching round loop standard size tiptop, cork check and hook keeper
- High quality colour matched Seaguide silicon carbide anti tangle stripping guide
- Subtle contrast low build epoxy wraps
- Heavy duty black rod sock and black cordura rod tube
- Taniwha decal and rod model inscription
- Smoky slate blue-grey with a satin low flash finish
- 12 month warranty for the original owner.
Reel seat fitting options:
- Standard (£160, UK £192 inc VAT): fitted with a black UL4 reel seat with sandalwood insert.
- Premium (£200, UK £240 inc VAT): fitted with any Lemke Conceps LC1, LC4, LC7 or LC10 or Struble U20 uplock reelseat and your choice of wood insert, from shop stock available.
Optional rod tube upgrade
- Black satin carbon fibre, smoky endcaps, no logo (+£20, UK £24 inc VAT)
Warranty and rod care
Taniwha fly rod or blanks are supplied with a twelve month warranty against faulty materials or workmanship, for the first owner. The warranty is not transferrable and does not cover consequential loss The warranty is subject to the rod being used and cared for appropriately without modification to the blank.
In the unlikely event of component failure or breakage due we will try to get you fishing again as soon as we reasonably can. The rods and blanks we sell are quality checked by both the maufacuruer and ourselves. Manufacturing or building faults are rare and a faulty product will typically fail early in its life. If this happens to you, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please contact us with a brief explanation of the fault or damage and how it arose, and for details of how to return the damaged rod for evaluation.
If there is a fault that cannot reasonably be repaired you will receive our choice of a replacement section, full replacement rod, or a refund of the purchase price if suitable replacements are not available.
The warranty does not cover misuse of the rod, loss or accidental damage. If you are unlucky enough to break your rod, subject to availability we will offer you a replacement section at proportionate cost.