Taniwha TNH 1003 10' #3 model description
A great all-round river rod for general upstream nymph and dry fly fishing on medium to larger rivers like the middle Usk. It combines a sensitive tip with plenty of feel and feedback with a tippier action and strong butt and mid-section, a light and lively rod with real zip. This model is significantly more powerful that the TNH 1002, capable of handling larger fish in fast water and putting out a long line when required. Given the butt power and stiffer midsection it even does a fair job tossing smaller streamers should the need arise. This model is also suitable as a light stillwater or upland lochan fishing rod for floating line applications
Rated #3 by the manufacturer try either a punchy taper #3 or an AFFTA standard #4 line which it will cast equally well.
Very light for a 10' rod, just 82g or 2.9oz with a stabilised wood insert. Blank weight 44g (1.5 oz).
Taniwha Nano-helix high modulus carbon fibre fly rods (4-piece).
Taniwha Rodworks exclusive. Supplied with a good quality black polycotton rod sock, and a black cordura rod tube.
Fast action middle to tip flexing high modulus fly rods. Premium quality blank, cork and components with reel seat custom options.
The TNH series incorporates high-modulus, uni-directional carbon fibre pre-preg wrapped on a helical carbon fibre scrim with the latest nano resin adhesives for optimum strength to weight performance, hoop strength and blank recovery speed.
The result is a very light, slim, strong and sensitive rod with fine tips, plenty of feel and fast tip recovery., Most of the flex is in the top third of the blank (mid-tip to tip flex action depending on the model) and they are a delight to cast and fish with good power reserves for longer casts.
The blank colour is 'midnight', a smoky slate blue-grey with a satin low flash finish.
- Excellent quality cork slim full wells handle
- Gunsmoke finish single foot running guides and colour matching round loop standard size tiptop, cork check and hook keeper
- High quality colour matched Seaguide silicon carbide anti tangle stripping guide
- Subtle contrast low build epoxy wraps
- Heavy duty black rod sock and aluminium rod tube
- Taniwha decal and rod model inscription
- Smoky slate blue-grey with a satin low flash finish
- 12 month warranty for the original owner.
Reel seat fitting options:
- Standard (£165, UK £198 inc VAT): fitted with a black UL4 reel seat with sandalwood insert.
- Premium (£200, UK £240 inc VAT): fitted with any Lemke Conceps LC1, LC4, LC7 or LC10 or Struble U20 uplock reelseat and your choice of wood insert, from shop stock available.
Optional rod tube upgrade
- Black satin carbon fibre, smoky endcaps, no logo (+£20, UK £24 inc VAT)
Warranty and rod care
Taniwha fly rod or blanks are supplied with a twelve month warranty against faulty materials or workmanship, for the first owner. The warranty is not transferrable and does not cover consequential loss The warranty is subject to the rod being used and cared for appropriately without modification to the blank.
In the unlikely event of component failure or breakage due we will try to get you fishing again as soon as we reasonably can. The rods and blanks we sell are quality checked by both the maufacuruer and ourselves. Manufacturing or building faults are rare and a faulty product will typically fail early in its life. If this happens to you, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please contact us with a brief explanation of the fault or damage and how it arose, and for details of how to return the damaged rod for evaluation.
If there is a fault that cannot reasonably be repaired you will receive our choice of a replacement section, full replacement rod, or a refund of the purchase price if suitable replacements are not available.
The warranty does not cover misuse of the rod, loss or accidental damage. If you are unlucky enough to break your rod, subject to availability we will offer you a replacement section at proportionate cost.